Pellon¨ EZ-Steam¨ II is a double-sided, pressure sensitive fusible with a paper backing. The two adhesive sides temporarily stick to both the background and applique fabrics. It aids in the placement of the fusible web and gives you the versatility of moving the applique into another position until you have permanently fused the fabric. Use Lite EZ-Steam¨ II for lightweight fabrics, paper, lace, foam, batting and more! Great for placement of lace, ribbons and other decorative trims.
- We recommend pre-washing all fabrics before fusing. This will help remove any finishes that might prevent the adhesive from penetrating the fabric. Also, this should take out any shrinkage from your fabric. Do not use fabric softeners or dryer sheets.
- Always pre-test any fusibles to insure that your fabric is compatible. Be sure to check that the iron temperature is compatible with the type of fabric you are using.
1. Draw design on the paper (matte) side of EZ-Steam® II/Lite EZ Steam® II.
2. Remove the shiny (waxy) side revealing the pressure sensitive surface.
3. Finger press the pressure sensitive side to the wrong side of the fabric. DO NOT APPLY HEAT WITH AN IRON AT THIS POINT.
4. Cut out the drawn shape.
5. Peel off the remaining paper (matte) backing. TIP: Lightly score the backing with a pin and crack to peel backing away from the center rather than the sides.
6. Finger press the pressure sensitive side of the appliqué/piece to the right side of the background fabric.
7. To permanently bond the appliqué/piece, press with an iron using a Wool or Cotton setting with Steam or a damp press cloth. Press in place for a full 10-15 seconds. 8. Lift iron and repeat if working with a larger surface area.